Transgender Voice Program
Voice Development using Medically Proven Principles and Leading Edge Advancements in a confidential and supportive environment.
1. Transgender Voice and Communication Training - Speech-Language & Audiology Canada - 2016
2. Client-centered Management for Adults Focused on Assessment and Technique:
Comprehensive Assessment and Management - Vancouver General Hospital Pacific Voice Clinic, multidisciplinary clinic ALERT model as it relates to the voice and larynx:
Client-centered approach to assessment examines the four fundamental areas of voice function.
Potential interactions with primary or secondary anatomical features such as injuries, diseases, lifestyle, reflux, and aging processes.
Management Procedures – Prioritize diagnostic and treatment process.
Clinical example selections of treatment priorities for specific anatomical and muscle misuse factors.
Special thank you to the Vancouver General Hospital Pacific Voice Clinic for their commitment to delivering current and relevant assessment and technique options based on the individual need of the person.
3. Optimizing Technique 2015 Updates - Vocalizing with Ease: Provincial Voice Care Resource Program, supported by the Division of Otolaryngology, University of British Columbia and BC Provincial Health Services.
4. University of Pittsburgh Voice Center - The Voice Group, Contemporary Voice Care Training
5. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Training. Topics learned include but not limited to are:
Functional Endoscopic Evaluations of Swallowing
Laryngeal Framework Surgery
Vocal Fold Injection
Contemporary Voice Therapy
Managing Voice Strain/Hoarseness, Vocal Nodes, and Burnout
University of Pittsburgh Voice Center — Contemporary Voice Care Program and University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Special thank you goes to instructors Clark A. Rosen, MD FACS, C. Blake Simpson, MD, and Jackie Gartner-Schmidt, PhD for your leading edge training and ongoing support. Your insights into the physiology and capability of the human voice went far beyond what I ever thought possible. I will always be grateful for what this has given to my students.
6. WHOLE BRAIN LEARNING - Educational Kinesiology Certification: Educational Kinesiology helps students leverage their training and tap into more of their potential through the balance between the technical and creative mind. It helps with memory retention and recall, and is used to speed up learning.
This approach to learning is used in over 90 countries and translated in over 50 languages by companies such as Reebok, Chapters-Indigo, Ralph Lauren Footwear, York University, McMaster University, University of Waterloo and the University of Toronto Teachers Education Program to name a few.
7. Additional Training: My personal voice training background has exposed me to all aspects of the human voice and all music genres. I have trained privately through the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, and have extensive training in several Singing methods.